Parceiros

London Fashion Week Day One: Spring/Summer 2011

Yesterday, was the start to the wonderful, creative and simply fabulous London Fashion Week. I spent my day shuffling between Somerset House, On|Off and my house (for naps). The first day was filled with excitement, people spotting and great shows. I haven't had a chance to look around the exhibition yet, but I may have a lil peruse today or tomorrow. I'm on my twitter @gisellabella_ every 5 minutes, so follow me on there for all the latest LFW updates. 

Paul Costelloe
This is the first show that I went to of the day. As you know fashion never sleeps, and at 9am sharp, the line of stylish fashionistas braved the cobbles and were lining up for the show to begin. We all hurried in and took our seats, I was sat on the 2nd row with my buddies. The show was inspired by 'A long Day's Night', pretty dresses were shown with biker jackets for looks that were feminine with a 60's feel. Babydoll and bell shape dresses were resplendent in silver as was a mint peplum dress. I loved the abstract checks and femininity of the show. It was girly and fun, and everyone was bopping along to the Eliza Doolittle soundtrack. A great moment in the show had to be when Paul's sons graced the catwalk for a spot of nervous but impressive modelling. The crowd looked a little confused as to who they were until we overheard Hilary Alexander say 'Those are Paul's 6 sons'. Love her. 


Ashley Isham 
After a much needed nap, I stormed back onto the central line to ON|OFF for the Ashley Isham show. Further queuing ensued, but I was seated on the front row much to my delight. Before the show, Paloma Faith and Shingai Shoniwa from the Noisettes arrived which caused much excitement amongst the photographers. The buzz soon died down and the show commenced. The collection 'East of Eden' was a stunning show with the most gorgeous dresses. 'Club Tropicana' screamed out from the soundtrack and gave an indication of the theme of the collection. Black and gunmetal dresses came first and proved their worth as red carpet favourites. Then came a burst of sensational colour, with breathtaking pieces with flowing trains. Every look was beautiful and the origami folds and body con details added an extra dimension. 



PPQ
A sea of celebrities arrived for Percy Parker and Amy Molyneaux's latest outing. The show was fashionably late and filled to the brim. By the time it got to 8:30pm everyone was wondering if the show would ever start as the queue was still stretching through Somerset House. The collection showcased peplums, dizzy prints, and pops of colour. The blue and white stripes towards the end of the collection looked like sweetie wrappers. My favourite looks were the layered peplum dresses. I decided to shun the after party in favour of my bed. Bring on Day 2. 



Photos: Some by catwalking.com



Contas Premium
Compartilhe este filme: :

Post a Comment

 
Support : Baixartemplatesnovos.blogspot.com
Copyright © 2012-2014. Lipstick & Marzipan - todos os direitos reservados para

CINEHD- o melhor site de filmes online