Parceiros

British Fashion Awards 2010 Nominees


So the nominations for the British Fashion Awards 2010 are in. The winners will be announced on December 7th. How exciting!

Designer of the Year
This is such a tricky category, as I love all three of them. Erdem's prints are ethereal and amazingly beautiful. Christopher Kane never ceases to amaze me and his use of leather for A/W 10 was great. The clean lines and silhouette of Phoebe Philo's collections at Celine are always one of my Paris highlights. But, Erdem has really really impressed me this year.  
Erdem
Christopher Kane
Phoebe Philo

Best Model
Oh, David Gandy... Need I say anything else, the phrase 'isn't he dreamy?' was made for this man. Lara Stone has had a wonderful year and her plethora of covers, campaigns and shoots have all been breathtaking. Speaking of breathtaking Rosie's cover for Love magazine was beautiful. I bought the mag just for the great cover. Plus, her BF is Jason Statham. 
David Gandy
Lara Stone
Rosie Huntington-Whiteley

Accessories Emerging Talent
Charlotte Olympia shoes are to-die-for. The spider web, the colours, the heels... too cute. They are edgy, directional and modern. I am a major jewellery fan and Husam El Odeh pieces are groundbreaking and not to mention gorgeous. 
Charlotte Olympia 
Husam El Odeh 
Jessica McCormack

Ready-To-Wear
I always look forward to the Mary Katrantzou show at London Fashion Week, I admire her use of colour and print and she blends them perfectly to create energetic and exciting collections. Meadham Kirchhoff always have lovely pieces but their dainty collection for Topshop was just too cute. 
Mary Katrantzou
Meadham Kirchhoff 
Michael Van Der Ham 

Best Accessory Designer
My Mulberry bag makes me so happy, even when I look at the lining of my East West Bayswater I smile. Emma Hill has had an amazing time this year, and she's one of my favourite accessory designers. Nicholas Kirkwood and Camilla Skovgaard highlight innovative and jaw-dropping shoes that are true pieces of art. The kind of shoes, that you would rather look at than wear. 
Camilla Skovgaard
Emma Hill for Mulberry
Nicholas Kirkwood

Best Designer Brand
Well, I am sure everyone knows how much I love Victoria Beckham. I am not a celebrity obsessive, but VB is the only celebrity that I have loved since I was a wee girl. Her designs are superb and she has grown as a designer so much since her first collection. She epitomises what women want to wear. Mulberry have had some very strong collections especially with the popularity of the Alexa range. Such a tricky category but my faves are VB and Burberry as their S/S 10 and A/W shows cemented them as trend leaders with the amazing aviator jackets and trench dresses. 
Victoria Beckham
Mulberry
Burberry
Pringle of Scotland

Best Menswear Designer
I wish all men would dress in E. Tautz, the tailoring at E.Tautz is amazing. Paul Smith just goes from strength to strength every season and I like the little bursts of colour in some of the collections. Christopher Bailey perfectly translates the mood across menswear and womenswear and the A/W show was no exception. 
E.Tautz
Margaret Howell
Paul Smith
Christopher Bailey for Burberry 

Isabella Blow Award for Fashion Creator
What is there to say about these three... Both Nick Knight and Rankin's powerful imagery made me fall in love with fashion when I was younger. Having my picture taking by Rankin was one of the best days of my life. Nicola Formichetti is most definitely a fashion creator, both his styling and editorial work sum up what fashion is in this decade. 
Nick Knight
Rankin
Nicola Formichetti 

Photos: www.catwalking.com

Contas Premium
Compartilhe este filme: :

Post a Comment

 
Support : Baixartemplatesnovos.blogspot.com
Copyright © 2012-2014. Lipstick & Marzipan - todos os direitos reservados para

CINEHD- o melhor site de filmes online