Parceiros

Mascara Wars. Round One




The battle has begun. The contenders in this beauty fest are Collagen Curl by Collection 2000 and Colossal Volum' Express by Maybelline. I have never used any products by Collection 2000 before so I bought this with much trepidation. The packaging won me over with it's retro, purple tube. I saw the Maybelline mascara on an advert and the model screaming out ''COLOSSAL'' over and over again at me through the screen persuaded me. It doesn't take much really.


Collagen Curl
Brush: Curved brushes always get bonus points. The brush was thick, easy to use and the all important curve gave my lashes a great curl.
Volume: Why have I not been introduced to Collection 2000 before. The thickness of this mascara after two coats was amazing, and rivals some of the luxury brands I usually use.
Length: I wasn't too impressed with the lengthening effect, but the volume made up for the lack of length.
Coats: I needed to use 3 coats of this, to get a look that I was happy with.
Long Lasting: I wore this all day and not a single smudge.
Rating: 3.5/5 - Great brush and volume but not enough length and too many coats needed.




Colossal Volum' Express:
Brush: Nice large bush with lots of bristles, these brushes tend to work best as they reach all eyelashes.
Volume: Not as much volume as the Collagen Curl but after another coat it was very nice indeed.
Length: I'm so happy with the lengthening effect I could sing. The length after one coat is impressive and after 2 coats, it was as the model said ''COLOSSAL''.
Coats: I used two as I'm a mascaraholic, one coat however was sufficient.
Long Lasting: I went bellydancing in this and it stayed on perfectly.
Rating: 4.5/5 - One of the best lengthening mascaras, that I have used and when built up the volume is great. Would have got extra points if it added as much volume as Collagen Curl.


Round One Winner - Colossal Volum' Express by Maybelline
I was naughty and used them together after the test and combined they are the perfect mascara as one has the length and the other has the volume. Plus at £9.00 for the two of them why not.


Prices: Both are £4.99 at Superdrug. Why have I been spending over £20 on mascara for so long. Sigh.
Contas Premium
Compartilhe este filme: :

Post a Comment

 
Support : Baixartemplatesnovos.blogspot.com
Copyright © 2012-2014. Lipstick & Marzipan - todos os direitos reservados para

CINEHD- o melhor site de filmes online