Parceiros

Ginger Cake Bundles & Winter Delights





I hope you all had amazing xmas and New Year. I have been absent for a little while from the world of Lipstick and Marzipan. I was away in the deep and dismal depths of Luton visiting my Grandparents for the holidays. It was such fun. My Grandma is a pastry chef so you can only imagine the delights. I decided to have a peek in some of her cookbooks and found this yummy recipe to give to Xmas guests to take away with them or have with tea.

Ginger Cake Bundles & Spiced Whipped Cream 





Ingredients:
170g Plain Flour
2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
2 tsp Ground Ginger
2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1 tsp Ground Cloves
1/4 tsp Grated Nutmeg
2 Eggs
225g Caster Sugar
250 ml Whipping Cream
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
Icing Sugar for Sprinkling

Method
1.  Preheat the oven to 180c/350f/Gas 4. Grease a 23cm square baking tin.
2. Sift the flour, baking powder, salt and spices into a bowl and set aside.
3. With an electric mixer, beat the eggs on a high speed until very thick for about 5 minutes.
4. With the mixer on a low speed beat in the flour mixture alternately with the cream, beginning and ending with the flour. Stir in the vanilla.
5. Pour cake mixture into the tin and bake until the top springs back when touched lightly for 35-40 minutes. Let cool in the tin on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
6. Sprinkle with icing sugar and cut into squares.



For the whipped cream, whip some double cream with ground ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon and icing sugar.




As I decided to make mine into little bundles of winter joy I did the following:
- Cut strips of greaseproof paper to wrap around the cake squares.
- Use apricot jam as an adhesive for the paper.
- Tie ribbon over the paper into a little bow.
- I used festive coloured ribbons but you can change the ribbons according to the occasion.



I thought I would add a pic of my lovely centrepiece. I am quite proud of it.



Recipe: The Practical Encyclopedia of Baking - Martha Day
Adapted by myself
Contas Premium
Compartilhe este filme: :

Post a Comment

 
Support : Baixartemplatesnovos.blogspot.com
Copyright © 2012-2014. Lipstick & Marzipan - todos os direitos reservados para

CINEHD- o melhor site de filmes online