Parceiros

Cornbread. The American Way.



I miss the U.S. I miss 5th Avenue. I miss Sephora. I miss the hustle and bustle of New York and the ease and calm of the South. I miss Mike's Diner. I miss drinking Frappucinos in Central Park. I miss standing outside Tiffany's and staring at the sparkles and dodging suited business men. I miss lazing around on balconies in Georgia in the midst of a heatwave. God Bless America. So I thought I would make some good old cornbread. There were loads of recipes on English websites but none as good as an American one I found, hence the American Unit measurements. But, cups are very easy to use, less washing up and no scales needed. You can't always be precise but I quite like that.

Cornbread. The American Way.
This recipe is not very sweet, but tastes great. It is delicious with strawberry jam and clotted cream to add a quaint British twist. Or go all traditional with some sticky syrup.
* Lipstick & Marzipan Tip: I didn't have any sour cream so I added the same quantity of milk with some fresh lemon juice and it worked a treat.

Ingredients:
1 Cup Flour
1 Cup Cornmeal
1/4 Cup Sugar
1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp Baking Soda (Bicarb)
1/2 Tsp Salt
1 Egg (lightly beaten)
1 Cup Sour Cream
1/3 Cup Milk
1/4 Cup Melted Butter

Method:
1. Grease a square tin and preheat oven to 200C.
2. Mix all dry ingredients together
3. Add all of the wet ingredients to the mix and stir well. Et Voila
4. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and a knife/toothpick has no residue on it when placed in the middle of cake.




Recipe: www.allrecipes.com

Contas Premium
Compartilhe este filme: :

Post a Comment

 
Support : Baixartemplatesnovos.blogspot.com
Copyright © 2012-2014. Lipstick & Marzipan - todos os direitos reservados para

CINEHD- o melhor site de filmes online