Parceiros

Autumn/Winter 2010-11: The Trends

I've been thinking a lot about next season recently. Even though we appear to be having an overbearingly hot summer at the moment, I am craving some winter wonders. I am starting to long for brisk evening walks with cosy knitted scarfs and long leather gloves. I want to wrap up in my fur jacket and shiver whilst waiting outside restaurants. I didn't think I would ever say this, but yes, I am craving the cold. Especially, as the trends for next season are amazing. So here are the trends that I will be channelling come fall. Yes, I said Fall, but Autumn doesn't have the same ring to it.

The Silhouette of a Woman
Embracing your womanly features, is the beauty of this trend. No longer are we trying to squeeze into body-con dresses, this is all about showing off our womanly features. Think incy waists, curvy hips and bountiful busts. Louis Vuitton captured the essence of this trend to great effect. It was a true celebration of women. To capture this trend, wear fitted bodices, waist belts and of course full circle skirts. Accessorise with luscious and long leather gloves, structured handbags (preferably vintage) and ladylike heels (preferably with bows <3). It's Christian Dior's 1947 New Look all over again... amazing. 

Cape Crusader
I have such an obsession with capes. About two years ago, I made it my mission to find a wonderful cape. It was nowhere to be found, and I admitted defeat and pleaded to live the rest of my life in a capeless hole. Then miraculously last winter I found THREE. An utterly warm black woolen one, a grey knitted one and my lovely fur vintage one. So, can you imagine my delight when I saw a plethora of pretty capes at the shows. They're just so effortlessly glamourous and grown up, your arms are free to roam. Plus this extra display of arm, means long gloves and showing off more of your outfit. I love wearing capes with fitted dresses or tailored slim leg trousers to balance the volume with a fitted silhouette. 

Pretty Bohemian 
The pretty bohemian wears floaty dresses, that are a touch too long. She layers her flowing and printed outfits with knitted pieces. Her brown leather satchel bag is slightly battered as she carries too many old books in them. She has a slightly messy and geeky look to her, almost carefree. This trend captures romantic bohemia, the creatives with free spirits. The perfect embodiment of this trend was at Ralph Lauren who showed an artistic element and Erdem for his classic prints. To create this look, don't try too hard as this is about being effortless. Choose a floaty maxi dress with a painterly or floral print and layer with a woolen cardigan, oversized blazer and a large bag. Team with oversized glasses and hang out in little coffee shops or art galleries for maximum impact.

Fantastical Fur
I am a vegetarian and obviously I am obsessed with fashion. Many people believe this to be an oxymoron of sorts, I however believe that they can co-exist quite happily. I wear faux fur and love it, I also love my BFF's mink coat but I wouldn't buy one myself. I love the warmth and comfort of this trend. Wintery white fur looks so stunning, and the best thing is most designers used faux fur in their shows. Chanel's wonderful yeti inspired collection used faux fur in inspiring ways. New ways to work this trend are with details. Fur on boots, lining jackets and coats, and handbags. I love fur being used in not-so-obvious ways. Obviously, the classic fur coat is endlessly stylish but add fur into other elements of your wardrobe too <3. 

I will be posting my top accessory and beauty trends during the week... so look out for them :)

Photos: www.catwalking.com 
Contas Premium
Compartilhe este filme: :

Post a Comment

 
Support : Baixartemplatesnovos.blogspot.com
Copyright © 2012-2014. Lipstick & Marzipan - todos os direitos reservados para

CINEHD- o melhor site de filmes online