Parceiros

Dessert at Jamie's Italian

So I went for a late lunch at Jamie Oliver's Italian chain of restaurants. I've been there before and the food is divine. I usually go for the Prawn Linguine but today I opted for the South Coast Fritto Misto. This was a range of fried fish and accompanied by a to-die-for tartare sauce. But anyway, let's talk about desserts. I could easily go to a restaurant and just eat 3 desserts, but me and The Mother had one each today. I had the Chocolate and Espresso Tart with sticky glazed figs and orange creme fraiche. Mummy had the Pannacotta, which came with strawberries. On my last visit I had the Bakewell Tart (they no longer do this...sigh) and my BFF had the Raspberry and Amaretto Brownie.  I sincerely apologise for the photo quality of the first two pictures. I went for lunch so the atmosphere did not warrant the use of my beloved Canon with flash and all the trimmings. So I decided to use my blackberry hence the blur, discolouration and overall yuckness.

Pannacotta: This has to be the most creamiest pannacotta I've ever had. It was smooth, silky and the subtleness of the vanilla was perfect. The strawberries provided another texture which went very well. I loved that it was rich and creamy but not heavy and was a good dessert to follow the meal.

Chocolate and Espresso Tart: The chocolate filling was dense and melted in the mouth, and had just the right balance of bitter and sweet. The figs and the orange creme fraiche were made to go with this tart. The glazed figs were just enough to add a sweet note to the dessert. Mmmh...

Bakewell Tart: Unfortunately, this is no longer on the menu. I am a huge fan of the not-so-humble bakewell tart. Have a rummage through my archives to see my recipes. This tart was so moist and the apricots were delightful. Gutted... is not the word to describe how much I wanted to scoff this today.

Raspberry and Amaretto Brownie: Isn't this just perfect. Amaretto is delicious as are raspberries and paired with chocolate... dessert heaven. This was scrumptious, the best part of this meal had to be when my BFF asked me ''Amaretto, is that a booze or a nut?''

Jamie's Italian have many locations across the country have a looksie on Jamie Oliver for your nearest one.
Contas Premium
Compartilhe este filme: :

Post a Comment

 
Support : Baixartemplatesnovos.blogspot.com
Copyright © 2012-2014. Lipstick & Marzipan - todos os direitos reservados para

CINEHD- o melhor site de filmes online