Parceiros

I am 20 and still love pink


I am absolutely furious right now... I went on to the BBC News website at midnight (as you do). To my utter dismay, disbelief and disgust I found this little headline: 'Pink Stinks campaign urges ship boycott'. Now at first glance I did not understand this as 1. my brain does not understand anything negative about the colour pink, 2. The name 'pink stinks' yes thats really imaginative. So, I watched the clip and this group of campaigners think girls should wear and buy toys of other colours such as blues, yellows etc. As and I have to quote this from the BBC "Pinkstinks says the "pinkification" of little girls causes them to choose less challenging careers and pass up opportunities as they grow up." But, to my knowledge I have chosen a very challenging career and I have never passed up any opportunities  just because my room is pink, I buy things just because they are pink, I have a fairy name and still think I am a princess. No there is nothing wrong with me at all or my upbringing. If I chose orange as my favourite colour I would still be the same person, a colour does not define anything especially not life choices. This 'campaign' is not helping anything it is actually highlighting gender stereotypes by assuming that girls are so dumb that they shape their lives on liking the colour pink and not having enough 'colour choices'. I for one know many girls who hate the colour pink, I am actually in a pinkloving minority. To check out the link go on to the BBC website to see the enlightening clip. Sigh. I am off to sleep in my fuschia infused room with my pink pyjamas and hot pink bedspread. 




                          Photo. www.kingsofleon.com (random yes, Google Images are great)
Contas Premium
Compartilhe este filme: :

Post a Comment

 
Support : Baixartemplatesnovos.blogspot.com
Copyright © 2012-2014. Lipstick & Marzipan - todos os direitos reservados para

CINEHD- o melhor site de filmes online