Parceiros

Snow: What to wear?

 There is a stark contrast in winter fashion and snow fashion. Let us not confuse ourselves that they are the same thing. Winter fashion encapsulates all of our warm and fuzzy dreams. With chic knits, elegant leather gloves and copious amounts of fur (faux). Snow fashion however, is all about layering, waterproofing and appropriate footwear. Of course, one can be effortlessly stylish in snowdom, but is this a case of practicality triumphing over fashion?
I am trying to find a blissful medium between practicality and fashion. I refuse to let the snow ruin my wardrobe. I bought this Topshop coat, which ticks the cape and shearling trend boxes. When I saw this beauty online, I wasn't sure about the warmth factor and neither did I care. However, when it came in the post, it was pure perfection. So very warm and so very gorgeous. It also doesn't require much layering underneath. So, for me the first step in the fight against snow is a trendworthy yet warm coat. 
A couple of posts ago, I remarked on the lack of ankle bootage around. I did find a cute pair then bang... the snow came. This left me in yet another difficult situation. I survived for a few days in some leather boots, which were super warming but not snow-worthy. I have lost count of the times that I almost slipped and fell into the depths of social suicide. Yesterday, I bought a pair of Hunter boots in chocolate and then got some welly socks on their website. The ladies in Office were swarming to the boots and I'm sure a fight would have erupted if a size was to not be found. 

At present, I am nice and toasty and steady on my feet. My ears are about to drop off from frost bite but I refuse to wear a hat. Hat-Hair me thinks not. Also, I am not giving up my leather gloves yet either. I guess, there will always be a struggle between practicality and fashion. It is obviously possible to do both, but I must admit that I would rather look fabulous and freeze. 

Contas Premium
Compartilhe este filme: :

Post a Comment

 
Support : Baixartemplatesnovos.blogspot.com
Copyright © 2012-2014. Lipstick & Marzipan - todos os direitos reservados para

CINEHD- o melhor site de filmes online