Parceiros

Afternoon Tea at Brown's Hotel


Brown's Hotel - Afternoon Tea
 So, I have had a brief hiatus from my beloved blog but I am indeed back. I am in the process of dissertation writing and magazine creating for my final year, hence my little blog break. Oh, also... I just turned 21 and went to Brown's for afternoon tea with the BFF. 

Afternoon tea should be mandatory. We should all be given time off at least once a month, to partake in this delightful British tradition. I am usually a Berkeley Pret - A -Portea kinda gal, but I wanted to opt for tradition instead of fashionability. So we went to Brown's Hotel on Albemarle Street.


The snow almost held us hostage actually, since when does it snow in December. Ridiculous to say the least. I am more anti-snow than ever, but that is a whole other blog post right there. The dilemma of the day began, with what should I wear to afternoon tea, on my birthday, in the snow? I opted for a loose, navy minidress with long sleeves. Tights, of course and black court heels. Yes, I said heels. I stomped to Bond Street in my heavy duty boots and then had to suffer the ultimate in indignity, I changed my shoes at the Westbound Jubilee Line platform. That my friends, is dedication to the highest decree. 


So, unto the tea: We started with a copious amount of divine sandwiches. From smoked salmon to the seasonal, cranberry and cheese. Absolutely, delicious... although we turned the next round down to fit in the scones. The scones in question, were to die for, they were mini scones so the calorific content obviously was reduced. Although, one does not a) care or b) care about such nutritional information on such occasions. They were accompanied by clotted cream, which may have been the thickest and most sumptuous that I have ever encountered, and strawberry preserve. Then we had the little treats, such as mini cakes, a lemon sponge dressed up as a christmas tree, a decadent chocolate tart, a macaron and an orange panna cotta-esque concoction. We were also offered some christmas and chocolate cake, which we politely declined, after our mammoth feast. I had the Blackberry and Hibiscus tea and BFF had the Earl Grey, both of which were divine. 


Have a look online at the different teas that Brown's offers. I wonder where my afternoon tea adventures will take me next. Feel free to end me your suggestions and favourites... 


Contas Premium
Compartilhe este filme: :

Post a Comment

 
Support : Baixartemplatesnovos.blogspot.com
Copyright © 2012-2014. Lipstick & Marzipan - todos os direitos reservados para

CINEHD- o melhor site de filmes online