Parceiros

Heston From Waitrose: Ready to Bake Biscuits Review

I am not a ready to bake kinda girl... I don't cheat when it comes to baking. However, when it comes to anything marzipan related I can't resist. Plus, I'm a sucker for shiny TV ads. I saw Mr Blumenthal on the Waitrose advert making his ready to bake biscuits into a delectable ice-cream sandwich. After work one day, I popped into Waitrose to get a bottle of wine. Somehow I got seduced into the freezer aisle and ended up purchasing a packet of Heston From Waitrose: 12 Ready To Bake Marzipan and Almond Biscuits.

The instructions were a simple take out of packet and pop into oven job. I was ridiculously excited and guilty at the same time. Excited from the sheer almondy goodness that I would be imminently devouring and guilty for having not baked them myself. When the oven timer rang, I took them out and waited not too patiently for them to cool. They looked and smelled as they should. After a few episodes of Sex and The City, it was time for the taste test.


How can I describe this? Well, you know when you see a gorgeous dress in a magazine and rush to the shop to get it, then when you finally see it your disappointment only allows you to say 'oh'. Yes, that is what the biscuit was like, a distinctly underwhelming 'oh.' I did not taste any resemblance to marzipan or almond. I wouldn't have even believed there was any form of almond in it apart from the obvious almond shapes peeking out from within the biscuit. The biscuit had no flavour, whatsoever. It made me sad. It still makes me sad when I open my freezer and see the rest of the unbaked biscuits frowning back at me. I expected more from Waitrose and Heston. But, I shall continue on in my one woman baking mission and carry on avoiding any ready to bake/pre-mixed 'delights'.

Sigh.
Contas Premium
Compartilhe este filme: :

Post a Comment

 
Support : Baixartemplatesnovos.blogspot.com
Copyright © 2012-2014. Lipstick & Marzipan - todos os direitos reservados para

CINEHD- o melhor site de filmes online