Parceiros

The Curse of the Ankle Boot & Autumn/Winter Tales

It comes to that time of the year, when one desires some warm attire. The tights are dusted from the bottom drawer and layering becomes our best friend. Cozy knits, leather gloves, snoods and ribbed tights are all signifiers of the season. A/W has always been my favourite, the trends are more expressive and the shows with rich, dark and often sultry tones are always dramatic.

Then the dilemma of transitional footwear comes into play. We are now in November, that little month before the excitement and bliss of wintery December. The weather is neither here nor there, not great for crucial wardrobe planning. My day-to-day looks are always complete, until I pull open my shoe rail and then the pondering begins.

I'm not ready to wear my OTK or thigh-high boots yet, it's not that chilly. My trusty ballerinas are fine until that mid-afternoon chill numbs my toes. The heeled ankle boots and hiking ones look immense, but for a day of heavy duty lectures... not so much.

So, I am in dire need of a lil leather ankle boot. Perfect for everyday wear come rain or subtle shine. I require a flat boot, chestnut or chocolate leather and reaches a little below the ankle. Can I find one of these anywhere? No. Oh, believe me I have searched all over the land, from the outer hebrides of Westfield to the usually faithful Oxford Street with an additional exploration in virtual retail. It appears that the ankle boot is the Cinderella of footwear. They work rather hard but are not rewarded with fabulous design details or that perfect fit. They may not be a full boot like their step-sisters, but they have a place in every modern gals wardrobe.

They must not be polyurethane et al. They must be feminine, with minimal adornments. They must complement multiple A/W looks.

Would somebody please save myself and my cold tootsies from this plight?

Yours Truly,
Giselle
Contas Premium
Compartilhe este filme: :

Post a Comment

 
Support : Baixartemplatesnovos.blogspot.com
Copyright © 2012-2014. Lipstick & Marzipan - todos os direitos reservados para

CINEHD- o melhor site de filmes online