Parceiros

Unexpected Treasures: Mission - TK Maxx

 

I have never really been the best of friends with TK Maxx. I have good intentions but after 5 minutes I lose all hope. I am very lazy when it comes to bargain hunting, I muster the courage when I am looking at antiques or vintage as I know I will find a gem... eventually. I decided to give TK another chance at a friendship. I made a strategic plan to avoid the clothes altogether, as I didn't fancy searching through rails for hours to only end up with a juicy couture t-shirt. 

Stage 1: Sunglasses - I started my mission here, at first glance I was not impressed one little bit. Then I found a pile which I decided to rummage through. I was not leaving this shop empty handed. I found a Michael Kors pair which were oval and black rimmed. They were lovely, but they had no lenses. Erm... What? What can you do with sunglasses with no glass. They were £5, I was tempted but had no intentions of searching for sunglass lenses on ebay. I also saw a pair of tortoiseshell Vivienne Westwood's for £39, oversized Givenchy for £49 and stunning Fendi's with the buckle side detail for £50. All in all I was impressed. I didn't get any as the only sunnies I will be sporting this year will be Chanel (I have seen and tried them on, numerous times, next step will be the purchase). 

Stage 2: Cosmetics & Toiletries - This stage of my mission made me fall deeply in love with TK Maxx. When I have been here before I looked at the congested and forgotten shelves with their leaking bottles and tubs in snobbish disgust. I took a deep breath and went in. There were really good brands for under £10. I purchased some lovely lavender bits (new scent obsession) for £3.99 by Asquith and Somerset. I saw some L'oreal anti-aging products for over half the usual retail price, as well as Nivea and Lancaster. There were perfumes at bargain basement prices, I didn't get any as they were of the celebrity variety a la Britney and Kylie... but really good prices. There were Nails Inc polishes as well. Plus I got these Girls with Attitude feathery lashes for £2 they're normally around £5. Not bad.

Stage 3: Lingerie - I found some Calvin Klein underwear for £5-10 and a corset which I plan to wear with a grey cardy and slouchy trousers... underwear as outerwear for £3 me thinks so. Yes, my corset was £3 which I still can't get over as a bargain-hunting-virgin this is a big deal. 

Stage 4: Accessories & Shoes - I got a French Connection belt for £16 which I remember seeing for around £40+ a while ago. I wear a waist belt everyday and I love the tan leather with the huge buckle on it. Shoe section wasn't great but did see some Calvin Klein and Steve Madden heels which were cute. Scarfs were amazing also, my friend Imo got some cute Moschino ones for £19 at her local store. In my one there were loads of Givenchy and Valentino for £20 +. 


Stage 5: Homeware - The Mother picked up many bargains here. She got an antique-style mirror, and some 40's housewife prints for the kitchen. I liked a lot. Loads of cookery paraphernalia and books here too <3

MISSION COMPLETE: I am now a TK Maxx convert, check out TK Maxx for your nearest store. Just be patient when you do go, there can be some little gems. 




Contas Premium
Compartilhe este filme: :

Post a Comment

 
Support : Baixartemplatesnovos.blogspot.com
Copyright © 2012-2014. Lipstick & Marzipan - todos os direitos reservados para

CINEHD- o melhor site de filmes online