Parceiros

The Importance of the Graduation Outfit

After 3 years of creating magazines, shoots, interning, shopping, long lunches and various other fashion-student-related-activities. It pains me to write that I am no longer a fashion student. In a months time I will be walking across the stage to collect my BA in Fashion Journalism. How exciting! To be honest, I am more concerned with what I will be wearing to cross this stage as opposed to any great meaning that this day holds.

I'm graduating from London College of Fashion, we will not be participating in the white shirt/black pencil skirt/court shoes number that everyone seems to don for this occasion. Oh no. We have spent days and months planning and researching our outfits for this day. If you have nothing to do on the 19th July then you may as well pop over to the Barbican. It will be akin to Somerset House at 1pm during London Fashion Week. OK, slight exaggeration but there will be pretty dresses, I guarantee you that. 


Only a few close confidantes have seen my dress, but it is a Marchesa dress. I adore Marchesa, if you have seen my catwalk reviews then you will probably already know that. I plan on wearing Marchesa to every great event in my life. The next event will be my wedding, but that discussion will require a separate blog post. My dress is classic and understated with a hint of drama on the side, very sophisticated. I am pairing this with a vintage clutch, which I am yet to find and some immense shoes, also which I am yet to find. That walk requires good shoes, to make up for the dress coverage due to the wearing of the gown. Most of my classmates are opting for Mr Louboutin, I may venture down this path but I am not a Pigalle girl I want the Mago which happen to be sold out everywhere. Die. So, I have found these contenders:
Yves Saint Laurent Palais Suede & Metallic Slingbacks
£565
Miu Miu Suede Peep-Toe Pumps
£355

Charlotte Olympia Dolly Patent Platform Pumps
£619
I am aware that I will be wearing a gown, hat and blah but believe me my gown will be whipped off for photo opportunities. Apart from the obligatory pose with me in full regalia with certificate in hand and proud parent on the side. I don't even want to get into the hat wearing business, but the only redeeming feature of the gown, is that it has pink in it. Hooray. Yes, I do know for the majority of graduates the under-the-gown outfit is not that important, but whenever I get a 'formal' dress code invitation, I take full advantage. 

Shoe Photos: 
www.netaporter.com
www.mytheresa.com
Contas Premium
Compartilhe este filme: :

Post a Comment

 
Support : Baixartemplatesnovos.blogspot.com
Copyright © 2012-2014. Lipstick & Marzipan - todos os direitos reservados para

CINEHD- o melhor site de filmes online